Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ministry, Marriage, and Messiness

I was all set to go into a nice, long post about the big news about the world's biggest science experiment that was fired up yesterday about 300 feet below the Swiss-French border. About how the science world is all abuzz because this will tell us everything we need to know about how the earth began. Aside from the fact that they could have saved $5+ billion and read Genesis 1, its pretty amazing what the physicists are saying about this machine.

I was all set to post about it and I had a conversation that completely changed my thought pattern.

Last month, Todd Bentley made headlines because he had an "unhealthy relationship on an emotional level with a female member of his staff." I hate it when stuff like this happens. That wasn't the conversation I had this morning, but it leads up to it. See, I've got to be honest, lately it seems as though I'm consistently hearing about pastors with broken marriages. This is the substance of said conversation. Now two more marriages of Christian leaders with whom I'm acquainted have been added to that horrible statistic.

Honestly, I don't get it. It angers me. I have no words. I have no nice, little life-lesson to tack onto the end of this post. Other than, "I love my wife." Mind you, that's probably a bigger lesson than most.

No comments: